Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Week 3 - Paint Shop

Visited my beetle last Saturday, …. work on it is pretty slow…. The old paint is still being removed and some interesting things are being uncovered (accident damage, bad repair jobs, Bondo magic!!!)…. Slow and easy I say… im still wondering if I shld have removed the engine earlier… if I remove it now then I need to find a way to transport it back to my place…but where am I going to keep it…. hmmm I think I will just leave it in and remove it once its back at my place…. Maybe I shld have removed it before sending it to the shop for paint…… but then again….like I said…where the hell am I going to keep it!!!… arrghhhh!! decisions decisions!!!...


5 comments:

Don't waste your breath said...

thanks. ...so you are restoring a beetle. that looks liks a hell of a lot of work. have fun!

Pixelated Mo said...

Well... most of it is being done at the shop... so im spared most of the work...

Smartie said...

Hey, you're restoring a Bug too? Cool!

Tell the shop to remove the guards if they want to do a good paint job - there are bolts following the seams up inside them. And they need to remove the rubber piping that is between the guards and the body. That way the whole body will be painted evenly :)

Aren't Beetles wonderful? Is there a big VW movement in Malaysia? There is here! The annual big club show is on in November, and the club swap meet is on next month. Hundreds and hundreds of Beetles!

Pixelated Mo said...

Hey there Smartie... cant wait to see your 59 done up and running!!..

The Beetle movement in Malaysia is not too bad but its nothing compared to Australia, or any other country especially UK and the US...

We have a Bug-O-Rama usually on the 31st of August but its carried to the nearest Saturday.

I went to one last year ... you can check a post i did about it here...

Parts are hell to get and if i find it, its expensive .... shipping it from US is cheap but i get taxed by customs an arm and a leg...sigh.. work shops are an iffy... one time they do a good job then sometimes an ass job and they charge an arm and a leg...

...sigh.. the things we put up for the things we love.. :)

Pixelated Mo said...

Everything is or has been removed from the car... and when i mean everything i mean everything.... the fenders are only held on by two bolts each just for safe keeping... it will be removed later when painting..