Monday, February 05, 2007

Sulaiman's Place

Last Saturday morning, I went on a quest to find a VW mechanic shop which was recommend by a few VW nuts I know. It is a shop located near Taman Botanic Klang on the way to Banting. The owners name is Sulaiman.

Directions on getting there:- On the Kesas from Sunway, head towards west port. Get off at the Tmn Botanic/Banting exit. Turn left towards Banting. The shop is on the left about 1 kilometer from the exit. There is a Petronas Station next to it.

I knocked on the door and rang the bell a few times but no one came out. Looked around the place and tried a few more times but I guess no one was home… Oh well…

There seemed to be 4 cars there being worked on. I guess progress was slow.. Anyway at least I know where it is now. Took a couple of pictures of a few abandoned bugs…

The objective of going there was to get original low back vw seats which was standard on 65s and fit original seat runners/ guides for the seats. I noticed that all vw beetles that I see including mine do not have the original seats, thus are modified with brackets to take different kinds of seats………. Looks like it is going to be impossible to fit original seat runners and almost everyone (VW nuts) are telling me to just install any kind of coupe style seats……..sigh…

I am going to hold on to my objective……. for now..


Stopped by at Concept Auto Parts after leaving Sulaiman’s workshop to buy the following:-

1) Front Windscreen Rubber Seal (has chrome trim groove)
2) Rear Windscreen Rubber Seal (has chrome trim groove)
3) Bonnet Rubber Seal
4) Engine Lid Seal

Directions in getting there:- from Jalan Templer, turn right at the Old Klang Road traffic light junction. You will see Wisma Peter on your left. Take that left and then turn right, into the shop lots. You should be able to see a mechanic shop that has many Audis outside it. Concept Auto is next to it..

END

No comments: